Copyrights in Turkey
The law no 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works (Turkish Copyright LAw) is the basic law that covers the legal arrangements regarding the copyright in Turkey.
The Law primiraly contains provisions on the economic and moral right of work owners and holders of related rights (performing artists, phonogam producers, movie producers, radio and television entities), on their respective products as well as on the prosedures and principles fort he excercise of such rights including legal remedies and sanctions in connection therewith.
The directorate General for Copyright affiliated to the Ministry of Cultural and Tourism is assigned to fulfit the tasks and duties in the field of copyright in Turkey.
Turkey is a party to the fallowing international agreements in the area of copyright
- Bern convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
- Rome convention for the Protection of Performers
- Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Orginizations
- Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
- World Intellectual Property Orginizations (WIPO) Copyright Treaty
- World Intellectual Property Orginizations (WIPO) Performances and Phogorams Treaty
- Marrakesh Treaty to the facilitate access to publications by visually impaired persons person with print disabilities (Internal approval process is ongoing for its enry inthe force)