Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some common questions about filming in Bursa. If your question is not answered here, please contact us.

  • When do I need a permit to film in Bursa?
    You need a permit from the Governorship of Bursa to film in municipal property such as streets, sidewalks, parks, public buildings and other land/structures owned by the city.  You may also need permits from other government agencies to film on county, or other government-owned property. Please see Filming Permit for more information.
    You may also need a permit for noise variance, fire/pyrotechnics or for other production activity that could potentially impact Bursa neighborhoods. The Bursa Film Office can help determine your need for these additional permits.
    If your filming activity takes place on private property, you must work directly with the owner of that property.  City permits are not issued for filming on privately owned property. 
  • Are there any fees for the filming permit ?


    No, there are no extra fees for the filming permit in Bursa.
  • I don’t know where I want to film yet. Can I get a blanket permit?
    The City of Bursa generally does not issue blanket film permits.  Permits are time, date and location-based, which means that you must tell us exactly when and where you would like to film.  We cannot submit permit requests without this information. 
    If you are not based in Bursa and need help determining locations where you’d like to film, please contact a local locations scout for assistance.
  • My production crew is small; do I still need a permit?
    Yes.  Filming activity on most municipal property will require a permit, regardless of size or type of production.
  • How do I reserve parking?
    You may reserve parking for production vehicles (not crew or client) or to clear for picture through the Governorship of Bursa. Bursa Film Office can help you fort hit coordination.
  • When you don't need permission to film?
    If you are a small crew using a handheld camera and your filming will not cause an obstruction then there is no restriction to filming on Bursa. In some boroughs this also extends to small crews with a tripod No licence or any form of official permission is required.
  • I will shoot a film by drone camera. Do I still need a extra permit?
    Yes.  If you make you video shooting by drone camera you need a permission from General Directorate of Civil Aviation.
  • Are there any areas where not permitted to shooting?
    Yes. Military zones are not permitted to shooting.